Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This is New

I am at the beginning of a Single Mom road. My husband and I recently separated after years and years of abuse from him. I have finally stood up for myself and for our 2 children. I went to the Police and told them the things he had been doing to us, and they made the choice to arrest him. He is charged with assault, assault with a weapon, and uttering threats, on me and on the kids. He denied the charges and we are now forced to go to trial - that means the kids and I have to testify. They are both under 10 years of age.

That is where I am. I would like to share this journey with you - and it's a good way to document what is going on.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for what you're going through PJ. And happy you're on this path, at the same time. Six years ago I was in the same boat minus the trial business. I will pray for you and your kids, and will be listening as you document your journey. (((hugs))) coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJ,

    Good for you for standing up for yourself and your children. I am also sorry that this seems to be quite stressful and distressing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I will be following your new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh PJ,

    How awful! I had not idea you were going through this and I'm so very sorry. My prayers are with you.

    marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coco - so nice to hear from you. It has been a while. I would love your thoughts and input on what is happening, since you have been through it. Thanks for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clueless - Things are stressful, but in a different way. Thank you for your prayers, and for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marja - I appreciate your prayers and concern. Thank you for being here.

    ReplyDelete